About Adult Education School
To help build the community by supporting adult learners to achieve their educational and career goals.
- The Wilson Reading Programme designed to develop phonics, vocabulary, reading fluency, and writing skills for adult learners who cannot read.
- Pre-Foundational Literacy for young and adult learners that are struggling readers or may have difficulty with literacy. It targets reading fluency, comprehension, spelling, grammar, punctuation, and writing skills.
- Foundational Literacy for young and adult learners whose reading and math skills are at a very basic level. It develops skills in reading, spelling, writing, computation and problem solving. It also includes the exploration of reading material through the use of technology.
- General Education Development (GED) provides instruction in the higher level subjects and content areas of the GED programme. Upon successful completion of the GED programme, individuals will achieve a high school equivalency certificate.
- Transitions (Preparing for College writing and mathematics) - designed to move GED diploma holders and high school graduates into a college classroom and to provide the learner with the skills necessary for mastering college entrance exams and college-level coursework.