About Action on Alzheimer’s and Dementia
AAD gives much-needed support to people living with dementia in Bermuda, along with their families and caregivers. Along with practical resources and emotional support, AAD provides free home assessments, occupational therapy and weekly activity groups for those living with dementia. Advocacy & education is also part of our mission.
- • Awareness and education regarding dementia for families and the healthcare community.
- • Activities including therapeutic art and music, movement and animal interactions in partnership with WindReach Recreational Village. Offering online programs
- • Monthly support group meetings for family members and care providers
- • Dementia-specific occupational therapy services and telehealth. At home visits, cognitive assessments, care planning, dementia care mapping etc.
- • Advocacy for Bermuda's Dementia community through collaborations with other local charities and the Bermuda Dementia Alliance
Categories: Adult Day Activities, Advocacy, Charity, Disability - Cognitive and Learning, Education, Support Group