About HIV/AIDS Programme
To prevent the transmission of HIV disease.
To assist infected and affected persons with HIV disease with the management of their disease by providing education, treatment and social support.
- Provide health education on the prevention and control of HIV/AIDS and the treatment of sexually transmitted infections.
- Provide educational programmes and workshops.
- Evaluate and assess home care needs of persons with HIV disease.
- Conduct home visits for nursing care and education.
- Provide pre and post-test HIV counselling.
- Provide counselling re: death and dying.
- Educate discordant couples on Pre â€“ exposure prophylacsis treatment for HIV disease.
- Educate the public on Post Exposure Prophylacticsâ€™ treatment after possible exposure to HIV disease.
- Works with S.T.A.R. (Supportive Therapy for persons with AIDS and their Relative) providing social support.
Categories: AIDS and HIV, Counselling, Education, Health - Physical