About Open Airways
Open Airways aims to improve the health and well-being of over 8,000 people living in Bermuda whose lives are affected by asthma and other long-term breathing difficulties.
Open Airways is the only registered charity in Bermuda with qualified health care professionals, who have specialised in respiratory care. Open Airways is the lead agency for asthma for the Department of Healthâ€™s Well Bermuda: A National Health Promotion Strategy.
- Educate health care professionals (physicians, nurses, physiotherapists, occupational therapists and pharmacists) offering internationally accredited diploma course in asthma and COPD and one day seminars and in-service workshops.
- Educate the individual with asthma or COPD and help establish personal action plans.
- Educate teachers, students and their parents in every school.
- Educate the community through health fairs, the media, workshops and presentations, raising awareness and understanding of good asthma care and the prevention of emphysema through smoking cessation workshops.
- Provide free equipment to ensure optimal care for everyone with asthma and COPD.
Categories: Counselling, Education, Health - Physical