About PRIDE Bermuda (Parent Resource Institute for Drug Education Bermuda)
To provide drug prevention education â€“ preventing substance abuse amongst Bermudaâ€™s youth.
MISSION: To Prevent the Use and Abuse of Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drugs Amongst Our Youth.
- 1. PRIDE Youth Clubs â€“ Primary School.
- 2. Classroom Program Facilitation â€“ Primary through High School.
1. Botvin LifeSkills Training for primary through high school ages.
â€¢ Building skills in Self-Management, Social & Resistance Skills.
â€¢ Certified Trainers for Botvin LifeSkills Programme.
2. LifeSkills for Parents (for parents of middle school age students).
3. Promoting Alternative Thinking Strategies (PATHS) for Preschool through P6-helps children identify feelings in self and others and how to appropriately express feelings.
â€¢ Develops executive functioning skills in children.
4. Training and Community Development through forums, conferences, workshops, and health fairs etc.
5. Community Change.
- The Bermuda Coalition is a collaborative of organizations that address change in environmental conditions that promote anti-social behaviour, violence and substance abuse.
Categories: Abuse - Drugs and Alcohol, Advocacy, After-school / Summer School Programmes, Charity, Education