About Men’s Treatment Centre (MTC)
The MTC provides drug rehabilitation services to adult males with addiction use disorders (AUD) in a residential setting for at least one year with voluntary aftercare support for clients and families one year after treatment completion.
- Pre admission/engagement assessment and preparation.
- Random observed drug screens.
- Collaborative client-centred treatment planning.
- Psych education and process groups.
- Individual, family and relationship counselling and support.
- Spirituality-Church, Bible study, devotions, 12 STEPS; sponsorship.
- Relapse prevention, anger management and assertiveness training.
- Relaxation and coping skills, art therapy and African drumming
- Discharge, transitional planning; vocational readiness, “GED class, volunteerism.
- Community re-entry and transitional phase , self-care ,Life Skills, budgeting, organization and planning skill development.
Categories: Abuse - Drugs and Alcohol, Counselling