Al-Anon is for families, relatives and friends whose lives have been affected by someone else's drinking. Those who come to Al-Anon/Alateen are in despair, feeling hopeless, unable to believe that things can ever change. We want our lives to be different, but nothing we have done has brought about change.
- • In Al-Anon and Alateen, members share their own experience, strength, and hope with each other.
- • We all come to Al-Anon because we want and need help.
- • You will meet others who share your feelings and frustrations, if not your exact situation.
- • We come together to learn a better way of life, to find happiness whether the alcoholic is still drinking or not.
- • In Al-Anon/Alateen, members do not give direction or advice to other members.
- • Instead, they share their personal experiences and stories, and invite other members to “take what they like and leave the rest”. That is, to determine for themselves what lesson they could apply to their own lives.
Categories: Abuse - Drugs and Alcohol, Support Group