About Environmental Health, Safety and Health
To improve, maintain and promote safety and health and the quality of health in public, private and workplace environments.
- Assures the provision of safe potable water supplies by sampling and testing drinking water supplies and inspecting plumbing and drainage works at all construction sites.
- Investigates environmental complaints and hazards such as rodents, mosquitoes, garbage and other nuisances.
- Enforces minimum housing standards.
- Ensures safe working conditions at all places of employment and the establishment of safety and health committees.
- Inspects and licenses food establishments, dairy farms and pasteurisation plants.
- Inspects and/or licenses day care centres, child care providers, cosmetologists, tattooists, body piercers, pharmacies, residential care facilities and radiation equipment.
Categories: After-school / Summer School Programmes, Environment, Government & Quangos, Housing, Rent and Tenancy, Rodents and Pests, Safety