About Vector Control Programme
To prevent illnesses borne by vectors such as rodents and mosquitoes.
- Destroy vermin in response to surveillance results or to requests for service for rodent, mosquito and fly control and collaborate with occupiers to perform their statutory duties to control vermin.
- Eliminate or control habitats that would support the breeding of vermin by requiring the control of standing water, requiring that buildings are made inaccessible to vermin, and requiring that foodstuffs and forage are inaccessible to vermin.
- Proactive detection of vermin by surveillance activities such as mosquito ovitrapping and test baiting for rodents
- Helps residents to control rodents and mosquitoes on their premises.
- Responsible for the general control of vermin in public places.
- Investigates environmental complaints and hazards such as rodents, mosquitoes, garbage and other nuisances.
Categories: Department of Health, Environment, Rodents and Pests