About Office of the Tax Commissioner
To administer the collection of taxes and duties according to legislation.
- • Partial Land Tax Exemptions are available to Bermudians 65 and over who own or occupy a private dwelling.
- • Assists taxpayers with collection of Payroll Tax, Land Tax, Stamp Duty, Passenger Taxes, Betting Duty, Hotel Occupancy Tax, Corporate Services Tax and Timesharing Taxes.
- • Administers the Primary Family Homestead Designation - provides an exemption from the stamp duty chargeable on the estate of an owner upon death for the designated property, application forms are available and guidance.
- • Administers the Stamp Duty Exemption for first time owners.
- • Administers the Payroll Tax Exemption, in respect of remuneration (Salary + Allowances + Benefits) paid to an employee caregiver for helping to care for a person at home in connection with a physical or mental illness or incapacity.
Categories: Government & Quangos, Legislation, Tax