About Human Rights Commission
The Human Rights Commission is responsible for administering and enforcing the Human Rights Act 1981 (the Act).
- Advocates and promotes awareness of human rights, inclusion and equality.
- Organises and conducts workshops and training on human rights issues.
- Investigates comments of discrimination.
- Endeavours to settle complaints via conciliation and/or mediation.
- Prepares guidelines, codes of practice and equality policies.
- Reviews legislation, policy and procedures to ensure compliance with the Act.
Categories: Human Rights, Legislation