About HIV/AIDS Programme
â€¢ To prevent the transmission of HIV disease.
â€¢ To assist infected and affected persons with HIV disease with the management of their disease by providing education, treatment and social support.
- Provide health education on the prevention and control of HIV/AIDS and the treatment of sexually transmitted infections.
- Provide educational programmes and workshops.
- Evaluate and assess home care needs of persons with HIV disease.
- Conduct home visits for nursing care and education.
- Provide pre and post-test HIV counselling.
- Provide counselling re: death and dying.
- Educate discordant couples on Pre â€“ exposure prophylacsis treatment for HIV disease.
- Educate the public on Post Exposure Prophylacticsâ€™ treatment after possible exposure to HIV disease.
- Works with S.T.A.R. (Supportive Therapy for persons with AIDS and their Relative) providing social support.
Categories: AIDS and HIV, Counselling, Education, Health - Physical